Friday, March 19, 2010

Book Review: Steering Through Chaos

A few weeks ago I received a lovely book in the mail. It was written by a pastor in Texas that I just happened to hear about through twitter. And to think I’ve only used twitter for a short while yet it’s trying to change my life and perspective on marketing already. Anyway, the Pastor’s name is Scott Wilson. He is the pastor of the Red Oak Fellowship. He just happens to pastor the church that Shane & Shane call home!

I would recommend it to any church planter or pastor who is in transition. The book does something very simply yet powerful at the same time. It tells you that you are not alone in the struggle for growth. We all have an idea of where we would like to see our congregation go. But it’s the journey from the there to the now, or the present to the future promise land that tends to where us out. And this book speaks clearly to that journey and the struggle that goes along with it. Part of being an effective leader means that you learn from the strategies and mistakes of others. I would highly recommend you checking it out! In fact I would also recommend that you buy copies for your staff. One thing I know for a fact is that we can always learn from one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment